segunda-feira, abril 25, 2005

25 de Abril sempre / April 25 forever!


April, 25
In this day, some soldiers and captains started a revolution, ending the dictatorship in Portugal, and making this country a democracy. The Portuguese people left to the streets and joined the military men.
One soldier tells one woman:
- Can you give me a cigarrette?
The woman answers:
- I don't have one, but I do have a carnation.
And the women put the flower in the soldier's gun. Soon everybody was giving carnations, and every soldier's gun had one. It's because of this that this revolution is said to be the carnation's revolution. It was one of the most peaceful revolutions the world have ever known; and the Portuguese democracy started to blossom.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

The story makes this picture more beautiful.

Thanks for stopping by my site and leaving comment on my photo! i really appreciate the feedback. i've been enjoying your site too.

3:31 da manhã  

Enviar um comentário

<< Home

Photoblogs.org
View My Profile

photoblogring
Join | Random | List

Free Web Site Counter
Hit Counter

Powered by Blogger